« Home | Introducing Bronwen! » | Creamy Low-sodium Veggie Mix » | Roasted Eggplant with Orzo and Ricotta Pillows » | Cauliflower Sauteed with Peaches and Cardamom » | shan's first complaint » | this month: » | Initially I read this headline as "Librarians Bein... » | saturday feels like saturday » | The Wood Rat (Bastard Bitch) » | at work after a morning with jill, the brilliant p... » 

Monday, April 27, 2009 

Das Leben

The disappointment at the canceled (or rather, severely delayed) trip to Germany has hung like a low cloud with long gusty winds for long enough.

Today I received a German reader and the Christian Bible in German, along with a German-English dictionary. The first Harry Potter and a German-German dictionary are on their way (I found a good vs. of the latter online at www.dwds.de. It's going to be slow-go, especially as my vocab is very small at this point, but I'm following the apronus method.

I just "read" (translated) a brief poem entitled "Das Leben."

Next up: the book of Mark.



----

hope.