« Home | Great Success! » | I cannot, for the life of me, hear the call of Being. » | flu update » | okay. next year i promise to get my flu shot. » | Manifesto, a brief section » | Manifesto Introduction » | and people still ask why i'm a vegetarian » | wishes » | january '08 brunch » | update » 

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 

yes, i've been up studying since 3AM

I don't generally speak in terms of favorites. I enjoy the color red; Andrew Bird has been my soundtrack of late; tomatoes are incredible.

That said, this is worth a read: my favorite theologian on my favorite philosopher.



Niebuhr says that patriotism transmutes individual unselfishness into national egoism. Oh, Reinhold! You obviously read Walt Whitman, Emerson, Thoreau! It is a horrible shame that the limitations of time and contingency precluded you from familiarity with the work of Richard Rorty. His was a patriotism worthy of respect.