« Home | the science library » | from the archives » | what a crazy week. i had to go into work at 5:45AM... » | Bolivar » | Okay: One more » | More to come.... » | just in from the beach. pictures to come once i'm ... » | shan is tired. it has been a long week of studying... » | yes: i actually studied the film dolemite in a 400... » | the lyric of the morning: » 

Sunday, January 04, 2009 

the bastard bitch had better be enjoying my timberland luggage

after visiting gran in the hospital (which involved even more driving all the hell across texas -- i clocked in over 1000 miles this holiday) i tucked HAL into his spot by the condo and curled into bed, exhausted.

the morning did not start so well.

we should post a memo to those who spend their evenings engaging in theft:
if you are going to break into a car, please do so with courtesy. act like a gentleman -- knock in a side window and unlock the doors. do not smash in the hatch and crawl through the back like some kind of heathen! seriously.

seriously.

missing items:

toiletries (those of you who know me well know what a blow this is)
ipod (i know -- this was a stupid move on my part)
thingy that allows the ipod to play over the radio
my favorite pants
my new years' outfit of glory
flip flops
my new suitcase. i loved that suitcase.
contact lenses
my favorite shirt that brandon left me when he moved ~8 years ago
eagleton
rorty

oh. and glass that costs more to fix than the miles i clocked over the holidays.


i hope the ass was disappointed when he opened the stolen suitcase only to find some philosophy and dirty clothes.


i'm taking a breath and watching my favorite SNL clip. fast fwd past the map and goldfish bits to the financial analyst. i wonder if i love oscar rogers so much because he's just a tad more anxious than i tend to be?!

tomorrow morning when i have my bowl of whole grain cheerios the morning paper better read that it's been fixed!

Aw, that stinks.

Post a Comment