« Home | bootstraps » | Das Leben » | Introducing Bronwen! » | Creamy Low-sodium Veggie Mix » | Roasted Eggplant with Orzo and Ricotta Pillows » | Cauliflower Sauteed with Peaches and Cardamom » | shan's first complaint » | this month: » | Initially I read this headline as "Librarians Bein... » | saturday feels like saturday » 

Saturday, May 30, 2009 

the strand

This year's trip to Bolivar was calm and healing. The peninsula is definitely making a come back.

Ike's water line in Galveston's historic district was higher than our heads in some areas.

My favorite place's resilience is encouraging -- I'll go ahead and acknowledge the parallel to my recovery :)

The sixth annual trip to the beach was a success.*






*Speaking of annual events, the 11th annual spaghetti dinner has been postponed (it is traditionally in May). Perhaps this autumn I'll have the energy and wherewithal to throw said shindig.