« Home | An average of more than 100 civilians a day were k... » | the skunk story » | July 4th weekend » | words i never thought i'd utter.... » | wow.this is difficult to believe. arcadia and my f... » | Ciabatta and Strange Coincidences » | sailboats and scorpion tales » | a dios dallas » | Actually,... » | the wisdom of youth » 

Friday, July 21, 2006 

Success!

in my attempt to recreate the macaroni grill's bread, i made a delicious rosemary foccacia.

i also made baked ziti (recipe to come)... but i think it lacks something texturally. am i completely nuts to think it would be better with a sprinkling of bread crumbs on top? i think i've been watching too many episodes of the sopranos -- i fear that artie bucco and a band of italians will hunt me down and destroy me if i mess with their cuisine.

i was going to make tiny veggie meatballs (yes, i am a crazy food experimenter) but the bread and ziti alone kept me up till near-midnight. another day, perhaps....


cooking cheers me. last night i listened to music from my mid-college years (jude and holly cole) and i took my time.